© 2004 Linda Walde. All Rights Reserved.
This brick afghan crochet pattern was kindly contributed by Linda Walde. Please contact Linda with any questions regarding this pattern.
Materials: Size K crochet hook; (9) 4oz skeins of main color and (5) 4 oz skeins of any color you choose.
Finished size: Approximately 62" x 72".
Main color: Black or white.
New color: Any color you choose.
The Brick With main color (MC) chain 179.
- Sc in 2nd chain from hook and in every chain to end, chain 1 and turn.
- Sc across to end of row, change to new color.
- With new color, sc in first 4 sts, * chain 2, skip 2 sc, sc in next 10 sts, ch 2, skip 2 sc, * repeat from * to * ending in ch 2, sk 2 ch, sc in last 4 sc.
- Repeat row 3, changing to MC, ch 1 and turn.
- With MC, sc in next 4 sts pushing chains behind you, 2 sc in the 2 sc two rows below, repeating this step to the end, ch 1 and turn.
- Sc across to end, change to new color, ch 1 and turn.
- Sc in first 10 sts, ch 2, skip 2 sc and repeat across row, ch 1 and turn.
- Repeat row 7, changing to MC, ch 1 and turn.
- Repeat rows 5 and 6.
- Repeat rows 3 and 4.
- Repeat rows 7 and 8, and so on.